Friday, June 20, 2008

Puffy on Taiwanese TV?

Unfortunately, not the real Puffy, but a pretty funny parody of them - in a "so bad, it's good" sort of way. And if nothing else, this proves that Japan has no monopoly on cheesy talk shows. In fact, I don't think I've heard so many things go "boing!", "whoop!" and "splat!" in probably the last 30 years. That's some old-school comedy.

Credit to PuffySaidGo! for finding this. It's been up for 8 months already and only has 32 views!

I have a feeling the people playing Puffy got confused as to who was supposed to be who. (I say "people", not "girls" because that would be inaccurate.) You'll see why. The one playing "Yumi" is actually kinda cute, though.

The actual Puffy segment starts playing at about the 1:50 mark, but I think it's worth watching the whole thing.


Kind of unfortunate how it cuts off right in the middle, eh? Oh well.

btw, I'd never seen the video for the Chinese version of "Kore ga watashi no ikirumichi" before - fun to see the real Ami and Yumi both wearing New York Rangers jackets.

No comments:

Post a Comment